Thursday, July 2, 2009
Pie Night
We hosted a "Pie Night" in our backyard last night and invited about 15 families from our ward, just to get to know more people, and most especially our neighbors (except not all of them came!) I made 3 pies, and each family that came brought a pie to share; and of course we couldn't skip out on all the yummy pie toppings! It was a great evening... nice weather, kids playing together, great ward members and lots of yummy pie! We even got to meet a new family that is our age (YEA!), and they have a daughter that is Ava's age (YEA again!). Everyone enjoyed hanging out in the evening air and socializing. Someone mentioned to me that this might have to become a tradition, and they were glad that we took the initiative to host something like this, since not a lot of people do it anymore. I took that as a huge compliment, and I'm happy to be the one with initiative to invite random people to our house for a party! (Plus it gives me a chance to plan a party... and, well... I love that too!) It was such a hit that we are planning another at Summer's end! Can't wait!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment