There are few people who really believe in magic, and I'm a skeptic right along with them. However, I have discovered 2 things that offer no explanation as to how they work, so therefore I must deem them as "magic," pure and simple.
The first is "The Magic Eraser." (I buy the cheap brand, and they are still magic too!) These are nothing but little rectangle sponges, but they clean up anything... crayon/pen from walls and tables, anything blackened on your burners that you can't get off with dish cloth or cleaner... you name it, and chances are The Magic Eraser can handle it. I've scoured the box looking for ingredients of some kind that may offer some kind of explanation... but none exist. Therefore... magic! (Share your "Magic Eraser" love here)
The second is butter. Good old, makes everything taste better, lodges in your hips/thighs, stick o' butter. Now it's not magic just in everyday usage. But when you slather some on your toddler's head that has just been crashed into a wall or something... now that's where the magic is made! Sounds crazy I know, and when I heard about it, my eyes gave a little roll too! But when you've got kids learning how to crawl, walk, etc. and they are always crashing their little heads into things, that little stick of butter will help keep your kids from looking like they've been hit with a battering ram! Just apply cold butter to the crash site and VOILA! little or no bruising! Trust me - it works! And in our case Ava even asks for butter when she's hit her head. And when the butter is on, the cryin' is gone!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Well, Ana I have the answer to your butter magic. The butter just prevents the oxygen from getting to the injury site, anything that would prevent oxygen from getting to it would work, a big scoop of sour cream, anything. Butter just is the easiest cause it rubs on and stays there. Unless your kid gets really hot and sweaty. My mom used to put it on burns also, cause she thought it made it heal faster, but then they came out and told people not to do that because it really made it worse. One more bit of info, if you can cut out the oxygen to a wart with duck tape or butter it would kill the tissue and that would remove your wart. The doctors just kill the tissue by burning or freezing it. I will have to remember the butter trick when I am beating my boy. I was wondering how Jake hid that. J/K for people that don't know me.
Ok I am done.
Post a Comment