This weekend some of our friends from Logan (Drapers & Hartwells) came to visit us, and it is an understatement to say that we were super excited! We have only had the chance to visit them in Logan once since we moved to Firth, and we have been feeling friend-deprived! We didn't have a lot planned, other than catching up, and one long and very important game of Risk, which Casey won after an entire game of whining that he wasn't getting anywhere! (That's right Casey... I said whining... and we're not falling for it anymore:) We had been telling Ava that our friends were coming to visit us, and she was also excited to see them. Actually, it was more like ecstatic! She was suddenly full of all this energy, like we had pumped her full of Rockstars before they came! She was running around, laughing, showing off and evidently making up song lyrics that just may be the next big hit for the very talented Chris Hartwell! Ava was actually the entertainment for a lot of the time, like usual! At one point, she came into the kitchen where Deidra, Lindsay and I were making pizza and asked if she could see the baby in Lindsay's tummy! We laughed and Lindsay told her she would have to wait until he is born, to which Ava replied, "When he is born he will love me!" And again we laughed!
It was a great weekend and we are planning a visit to Logan soon so we are not feeling friend-deprived for too long! Thanks to the Drapers & Hartwells for being willing to come to Firth and see us, and then drive home in the snow! On Friday night when Jacob was putting Ava to bed she sighed a happy, content sigh and said, "I love those friends," and we would have to agree! We love you guys (and we love you other guys too that didn't come to visit!) *That last part is bad grammar, but I live in Firth now, so it's ok!*
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yahooo! So much fun. Thanks for having us. We love those friends, too!
oh I feel friend deprived now. I so wish we could have come! We will definitely come see you sometime. And let us know when you are in Logan. I was thinking we need to have our Christmas party sometime. Yes I'm already thinking Christmas. We still miss you guys!!
Post a Comment