We've been watching this season of America's Got Talent, despite that fact that David Hasselhoff is in it! When I saw the previews of this guy (Neal E. Boyd) at the beginning of the season, I had to watch. And then I was hooked! Neal sings opera, and is unbelievably good at it! In his first performance on America's Got Talent he absolutely tugged at my heartstrings when I watched how grateful & humble he was to get praise from the judges and how it made him cry. I cried in that first episode and everyone since then! I was ecstatic when he won last night - I think he deserves it! And now it's on to Vegas, and hopefully a CD so I can buy it! His beautiful tenor voice sends chills, and with more practice and some refinement, I think his name will be up close to the likes of Luciano Pavarotti, Placido Domingo, and Andrea Bocelli (don't worry - I know those aren't the 3 Tenors; I just can't remember the other name!). Plus, they are only the 2 tenors now - they are going to need another one! The video is Neal's last performance of "Nessun Dorma" which was also his first performance. If you haven't seen it, watch it - it's awesome!
As for the other 4 contestants in the finale.. they were awesome as well, and I'm sure that all of them will have successful careers. My take on the finale is this: America was right to vote Eli Mattson that close to Neal. He's got a kind of Elton John, Piano Man thing going on, and it's pretty cool. I'd buy his music too. Nuttin' But Stringz comes from a hard background, similar to Neal E. Boyd, and their violin playing is amazing. If you haven't seen them, check them out too! Donald Braswell was good, but not my favorite, and I was sad to see that Queen Emily was voted in 5th place. That lady can wail; kind of like an African-American Celine Dion! I liked her performances, and thought that she should have been a little higher in the standings!
Count me in for next season!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Lindsay never even lets me stop at that show, because of all the dump judges and then Jerry Springer. I kind of agree with her, but their is some cool talent on that show. ( I know from when I watch it when she is not home.)
I kind of don't really like the fact that Neal won. It seems to me like we're just trying to copy the magic of "Britain's Got Talent" last year:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woAUSJpHHuI
But I haven't watched it since the first round of semi-finals, so what do I know? :-)
Post a Comment