Once known as a friendly online game called Fantasy Football, now to us, possibly just a fantasy altogether! First place in the league standings 4 out of the 6 weeks, and now bumped to second as we heeded the advice of ESPN.com when they suggested Fantasy players bench the Tampa Bay defense for the week 6 games. Wrong move! Although our Chicago defense in past weeks had been gaining us a substantial # of points, week 6 proved to be a choker for them with only 2 points to be had, while Tampa would have given us 21, allowing us to take the win and hang on to our first place position. New players were also added to our team before the devastating week 6 in order to cover for our other exceptional players with injuries and byes. However decent the rankings of these players and the good comments of the ESPN (so called) experts, these players also choked and gained 0 points, making it even harder for our team to take the win. And, to plunge us deeper into our football fantasy, good ol' Tony Romo, one of our few bright shining stars, has broken a pinky finger, and is out for 4 weeks. Count them 1-2-3-4 weeks without Tony, and the QB prospects aren't looking very comparable. Our once bright hopes of holding the lead are fading, but we're not giving up yet, and definitely not without a fight! Count on our team to recruit the best players we can find in hopes of regrouping and taking back our rightful 1st place position. A fantasy, or just a small detour in the road to the top? You decide!
Stuff-N-Puff star players and point-gaining hopefuls:
Marion Barber (RB) - Always brings his "A" game (and no, not like the Aggies!)
Ronnie Brown (RB) - Steady & true; a real point-go-getter
Michael Turner (RB) - Not so many pts. last game, but has proven himself in the past
Reggie Brown (WR) - New to the team, and an ESPN top pick... we'll see!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wah. Wah. Wah. It's about time you guys lose! In past years I've sat pretty at the top, and I've learned that fantasy football isn't really as much fun if you're not always winning.
I listened to the advice of Chris Hartwell on my defense last week. I could have won if I had ignored him. I'm making that my new MO--ignore Chris! :-)
So look at my team and you will feel much better about yours. You have a plethera of good running backs, I have nothing. By the way if you haven't notice I have proposed a trade for one of those running backs.
Any way good job this year in fantasy football and don't pay attention to any fantasy football advice they don't know anything.
Post a Comment