Now... on to the
COMPLETELY RIDICULOUS
part! Our real estate agent called us just this afternoon to say that the owner had come to his senses & has conceded to fixing & paying for anything that needs to be fixed if we will still buy the house. This includes the previous mentioned septic problem that has potential to cost several thousand $ (which was the final straw in our decision to not purchase the house)!So... what to do now? I myself am exhausted with all the back & forth & just need a pretty straight forward YES or NO @ this point. Jacob is not sure himself, but there are still all the things that we liked about the house & were excited for. What does everyone else think? If you need more info... please consult these previous posts:
"The Surreal Life" (re: moving)
"Back the Truck Up" (re: not moving)
PS. There, of course, has been plenty of prayer involved with this whole thing, but we are now @ a loss for discerning it! Yes or No would be super!
5 comments:
Looks like you played it well and weren't willing to pay for their crap. Remember, he who cares least wins. You were prepared to walk away, and now they're scared. +1 for you!
Funny comment Rusty, because since the problem was with the septic... it would have been literally "paying for their crap!!!"
Good luck with the decision. It sounds like a "It's up to you" choice to make.
No fun being a grown-up, that's what I think!
Buying a home is such a HARD decision!! I would say think of the potential to re-sell. Is the flood plain thing going to make it harder to re-sell? Good luck deciding & if you do buy it make sure the owner fixes things the right way so you don't end up re-doing it!
um, NO.
had a groovy time last night. Thank you!
Post a Comment