Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Projects

The news of the upcoming baby sparked many thoughts of fun projects that I wanted to complete before the baby actually came. For those of you who know me well enough, you know that I thrive on little projects, crafts & decorating ideas that I can do myself & save $ on. So... seeing as people are now telling me "the baby could come @ any time" (which just may be true & hopefully in the next few days!), here are the pics of my completed projects.


A minkees blanket & boppy cover to match. I've made a couple of the covers before so it was no big deal. The invisible zipper in it even turned out pretty good compared to the last ones. The blanket... well, let's just say that the minkees fabric is so nice & soft that it makes it hard to sew on & if you could only see the sewing on the binding... I took the picture so as to avoid those lovely details being noticeable! At least I was making it for me & not as a gift or something... that would have been embarrassing!

A big fat pillow for lounging! It actually turned out bigger than I had anticipated, but that's ok.

Burp cloths... simple & cute. Definitely worth the time.

I made 2 hooded towels, 1 for Ava & 1 for the baby. They turned out alright, but caused me so much frustration & time that I probably won't attempt this project ever again! I'm game to pay the $10 to buy a nice one... it's worth it!

Fun letters to hang on the wall. (The picture isn't great, but they really are super cute!)

Not only was I accomplishing projects, but Jacob's mom was doing some in our behalf as well. And they can't go unrecognized because they are so darn CUTE!


This is the car seat cover that I wanted & she made for me. I know that it took her tons of time & I absolutely LOVE it. It turned out AWESOME!
Now that the projects are all completed, we're really ready for the baby! All we have to do is WAIT!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Okay, so those are soooo cute!! Way to go! I wish we lived closer so you could teach me how to make a few things:) Good luck with the babe!

kim edvarchuk said...

You are my hero. Those are amazing!