Friday, March 5, 2010

The Big 3-0

Yesterday was Jacob's 30th birthday. I'm usually way into planning big things for such occasions (after all... you only turn 30 once!). However, seeing as how I only have a few weeks left of being pregnant, big plans fly straight out the window & are replaced with small & more easily attainable goals! So, our celebrations went like this:
* In lieu of a cake, Ava & I stopped @ the local gas station and picked up one of their HUGE cinnamon rolls that he likes. We stuck 1 candle in it & dropped it by the shop on the way to preschool.
* Instead of having a party with invites, we let much of Firth know about his b-day with bright signs in front of the house & paint on our large front window. Just in case you can't tell from the pics, the signs say "Collecting 30 honks... For 30 Birthdays." The window says "30 is the new 20" & that is where Ava spent the day counting honks on the window!
* I also surprised Jacob by taking him to dinner with some fabulous friends. Dinner with friends was one surprise & the other was that I actually pulled it off without him being tipped off! Go me!
* Tomorrow night we will top off the celebrations with Jacob's @ home dinner of choice: Steak, mashed potatoes, corn & salad. We wanted to wait until the weekend so his parents could join us.


2 comments:

Deidra said...

Looks like a great way to spend a birthday-- for you and Ava! I think it's pretty cute, and a creative way to celebrate. He has to feel loved, even more than a full-on party.

John Newman said...

Jacob's 30? I feel so old, now. I remember when he was born, for heaven's sake. Happy Birthday Jake!