Thursday, September 18, 2008

Where Is That!?

This is the typical question that is asked when we tell people that we now live in Firth, Idaho! The easiest answer to that... about halfway between Blackfoot and Idaho Falls. The "Welcome to Firth" sign says population 408, which is about 200 people less than my graduating class! Now that we've moved in they're going to need to take a Sharpie out to that sign and change it to 411 - we want to be counted!

As adamant as I was that we were absolutely NOT living in Firth, it is a pretty nice place, although slightly farther from any sort of civilization than I have ever been before. All the people we've met have been super nice and friendly (ok, that's a lie... there are about 2 people that we could live without:) Neighbors keep coming to our door to introduce themselves; and when I say neighbors I mean anyone in the Firth area! Evidently that is the general use of the term "neighbor" around here!

So, we're here getting settled, unpacked and oriented and it's good so far. Jacob is 1 of 2 taxidermists at Cole Creek Taxidermy (I'd post a link but it's not working yet! - maybe later).
Ava and I hang out at home, check out new places, or drive to see which Wal-Mart is the closest (It's Blackfoot, in case you were wondering!).

4 comments:

Deidra said...

Yay! Welcome to blogging. We're glad you're getting settled in and that Firth is treating you well!

Daron said...

Congrats on the blog! Now we don't have to visit you or call you to know what's up :)

Jusskiddin...we're already planning to spend our summer vacation in Firth next year, or at least pass through (without blinking, of course, because we might miss it)

Anonymous said...

Hey, so now we need to get you guys a digital camera so you can post pictures of that place and our child Ava. (your don't have one do you?)

Les said...

Hi friends! So sad we missed hanging out with you before you moved. Good thing you're not SO so far away....