Does anyone remember that old show with Bill Cosby where he would just sit and talk to kids and ask them questions and stuff? I think it was called "Kids Say the Darndest Things," but don't quote me on that. Anyway, we had a moment today that reminded me of that show and how kids really do give the most honest answers! It went something like this:
All morning Ava has been getting into things and doing things that have been trying my patience (and that is the nice way of saying it)! These things have included, but are not limited to, not listening, crying about everything, chucking her garbage down the stairs, and sneakily getting an old candy out of the garbage and eating it when I wasn't looking (immediately after I had just told her "no more candy"). The candy from the garbage thing was the last straw for me, and Ava sat on a chair in time out, where she was when Jacob came home for lunch. While trying to discuss the problem with her (note emphasis on "trying"), I asked this question: "Are you going to do that again?" Without thought or hesitation she answered "No, I'm not - not today!" And that is the exact truth! All we could do was laugh!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I love her.
I love her more:)
Post a Comment