
We ventured to the Idaho Falls Zoo in Tautphaus Park today. It's not as big or nearly as cool as Hogle Zoo by any means, but it was something to do and not too far away. We figured it was a reasonably priced attraction - especially since Ava was FREE! When we got to the gate a girl handed us a zoo pamphlet and said, "It's a free day for... (short pause)... people!" Hey, what do you know - we're people, and by golly it's a good thing we are or we would have actually had to pay today! Jacob & I had a good laugh at that!
Ava had fun checking out all the animals. Our favorites were the lion, the red pandas, and the Gibbon monkeys. One of them was actually searching for fleas or bugs in the other monkey's fur and eating them! I knew that monkeys did this, but I had never actually seen it happen! It was interesting, funny and completely disgusting all at once!
No comments:
Post a Comment