Saturday, September 20, 2008

Got Candy?

We traveled the 5 miles to the nearest real town today (Shelley) for the annual Shelley Spud Day parade. Don't be jealous, there are fun things to do where you live too! I think people with children are obligated to attend such functions as parades simply for the joy and entertainment of the child, because what is the point of a parade really, if not to get your children a lot of candy?! And that is exactly what we did, except this parade ended up in the rain several minutes after it started! But did we stay? Of course... for the candy! We had to come home and put all our clothes in the dryer, but we got candy! We would have stayed for the other happenings, but it was raining, and there was no guarantees that we would get anymore... candy! And, if at least 1 person that reads this can no longer think of anything else but candy and is wondering if they have any in the house or where they can get some... then mission accomplished!

P.S. I made a list (blogger friends) - go me!

4 comments:

Daron said...

Wahoo! I'm so glad you have a blog now. I will definitely read it and leave comments since that's the fun part. So we got our house! Yep everything finally happened so now it's ours. We are excited but now the moving begins. Are you guys all unpacked yet???

Lisa said...

So the comment that "Daron" wrote is really by me (lisa) cause I accidentally forgot to sign in as me. He doesn't deserve any of the credit:)

Anonymous said...

Anna! I'm very excited to see you have started your blog! Thanks for putting us on the blogger friends list even though we don't have one :) Anayway, sounds like you are finding some fun ways to entertain yourself, or at least Ava.

Deidra said...

Mmm... candy. We had Muddy Buddies earlier tonight, so I think I'm okay. I'm glad to know that Firth is treating you well!