Happy Valentine's Day everyone! We hope everyone has a great day, whether you are celebrating Valentine's, Single-Awareness Day, or some other form of lovey-doveyness!Here's the rundown on our day (or past few days)... it was GREAT!
Jacob received a delivery at the Taxidermy shop - a couple cans of Orange Crush Soda with a note that said "Someone has a "Crush" on you!" (And the $ went to send a little boy to diabetic camp... so a good cause!) Yesterday Ava & I "Heart Attacked" his truck with "Things we love about dad" hearts. And this morning, after asking me for it every time I went to the grocery store for the past 3 months, Jacob got some homemade eggnog! TASTY!
Ava woke up this morning to a trail of flowers to follow to find her V-Day gift - a box of Dora & Diego chocolates, and a cute stuffed V-Day frog. Dad also bought her a single rose ("sunflower") last night.
Me... I got a bouquet of fun flowers that included some Gerber Daisies (love them). This morning I followed clues (with extra, unsolicited help from Ava!) to a card that contained a poem so eloquently written by my wonderful husband. Now, I can't say that he is a superb poem-writer, and it may not make a Hallmark card, but this was THE funniest thing I have ever read... and I laughed so hard that I cried! It was definite that it came straight from his turning-churning brain, and it was my favorite part of Valentine's! I got to pick where we all went for lunch, so I chose Red Robin (newly opened in IF)Mmm, Mmm Good!
NOTE: I should mention that, as much as I love to plan things, I did hand over the planning of this holiday to Jacob this year, and he did a SUPER job!
And we may just top it all off with a movie night... if the good ones aren't all taken!
No comments:
Post a Comment