Way back when I was still pregnant but before I started getting too miserable we turned Emma's room into Ava & Emma's room. The main goal for this transformation was functionality since we were attempting to combine the stuff of 2 kids into 1 room & still make sure it was a place they could play & store things. Jacob added some shelving in the closet where we could put stuff in fun, colorful fabric bins & still have room for things that actually needed to be in the closet... like clothes!
With some help from Jacob's sister, I concocted the sign from something I found on Pinterest & it turned out super cute. Normally I would be up for a project like refinishing the dresser, but with hands starting to go numb & difficulty maneuvering my pregnant self, I was more than happy to pay someone else this time. Especially since I got the dresser for cheap! Dresser + Paint = $100 & that was more than worth it to me! I totally love the way it turned out.
The girls picked out their bedding & we tried to stick with the fun colors. We even got brave & painted with bright pink! The book shelves were also a Pinterest find... wood crates cut in half & hung. They work perfectly & hold plenty of books (as well as other things the girls find to stuff in there!) There are still a few plans that haven't been done, but a cute, functional room was accomplished. Now to get them to keep it clean!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment