Our assignment for the family weekend @ Grandma's house was to bring things to entertain the kiddos. We decided to try our hand at pinata making. I found some pretty good directions online, & with a few hints from friends that had done it before, we set ourselves to it. I thought both girls would love the opportunity to get messy, but Emma (the messiest one in other areas) decided the paper mache paste was not for her! The pinata making adventure went like this: Blow up balloon & attach extra cardstock to make a fish, cut newsprint strips, paste, let dry, paste, let dry, paste, let dry, care for Ava's burned arm mishap, paste, let dry, paste, let dry, decide to decorate tomorrow since it took the entire day to paste! It took longer than expected for completion, but I must say that for our first attempt it turned out quite well!
The most important part... CANDY!!
The finished product
The biggest helper!
No comments:
Post a Comment