Wednesday, August 15, 2012

"The Bucky Rodeo" - 2012

Not sure why I have the worst luck getting pics to my blog. I'm sure it's because I'm not as knowledgable in the area as I could be, but it's super frustrating that sometimes it works & sometimes it doesn't. What the heck???!!! Anyway, just roll with what's here.

Every year, the 1st weekend in August always marks the Firth Little Buckaroo Rodeo - an event to remember! (Emma calls it The Bucky Rodeo... hence my post title) We learned that this year was the rodeo's 47th year & there were more participants signed up than in any previous year! Well, we had 2 of them - Ava the sheep rider & Emma the chicken chaser! Both girls were excited for their events & both did a marvelous job & had a fun time. I don't think you can go to the Buckaroo Rodeo & NOT have a good time! It's long, but they do a great job of rolling through all the kids & the events as quickly as they can. Watching kids holding onto a sheep for dear life, dressing up a sheep in shorts & t-shirts, trying to catch a slippery pig or trying to get their little legs to run fast enough through the thick, fluffy dirt to catch a super-fast chicken... it's priceless! Here are pics of the girls from this year's rodeo. (We didn't get a video or a picture of Ava's sheep riding... dang it!) Just know she did a super job & was one of the few kiddos that held on the longest before planting it in the dirt!

Ava dressed up like a cowgirl in her dance outfit & rode with our bank ladies in the Little Buckaroo Parade. Emma enjoyed catching all the candy to share with Ava!
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/EFX3daAiEiujNrwmkuOnftMTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=directlink

 Walking the walk to kick off the rodeo

 Participant #1 - Chicken Chaser

 Participant #2 - Sheep Rider

 Emma's initial reaction to the chicken someone caught for her

Emma giving her chicken a quick pet

And last but not least, the chicken chasing video! Please ignore the extreme amateur nature of the video. It's quite difficult to video through the fence holes, keep track of where your child is running & yell "get a chicken" all at the same time! I'm still trying to master that art!


No comments: