To start it all off I took the girls to a large egg hunt that is put on every year by a family in the community. Tons of eggs, treats, candy & even prizes are literally strewn over their whole entire yard & it becomes a mad-dash free for all (with a few guidelines to make it more fair). With all of the bounty in plain sight, little Emma just couldn't resist trying to get a head start! While trying to wrangle her & keep her from starting a riot of small children, I twisted my ankle due to running, big shoes & uneven ground! (Last year on Easter I broke a toe & this year a twisted ankle... I'm beginning to see a trend!) The girls came home with a decent haul, and as if they needed more candy & treats we continued to celebrate with more!
All the "girls" from our "Dads with girls" club!
It was decently warm enough to stand being outside for a little bit to dye eggs. Not sure what happened with our dye, but it would sort of peel off the eggs & didn't dye very well, but we got over it! I think Emma's favorite part of the whole things was rubbing her cracked egg in the colored sand & making a huge mess! Here's how our eggs turned out:
Since we didn't visit any family for the holiday, we held our own egg hunt in the yard, but waited until it was dark & had a glow-in-the-dark hunt! The execution was lacking because the GID bracelets didn't actually fit inside the eggs, but luckily kids don't care much about that kind of stuff & they had a blast checking the yard for anything glowing & then finding the eggs hidden nearby. The eggs held clues to the locations of their Easter baskets. Then it was a handful of candy, a good teeth-brushing & off to bed since it had come to be pretty late!
Sunday morning we borrowed the neighbors blooming flowers for these pictures of the girls in their Easter dresses. I attempted a copycat "Honey Baked Ham" for dinner & we even caramelized the outside with a butane torch (because that's what I heard the Honey Baked Ham Co. does & Jacob said he had one... so why not try it!) YUM! It worked great! The weather was surprisingly gorgeous for Easter Sunday so we finished off our holiday roaming around outside & one final egg hunt to find our eggs that tell the story of Jesus & The Resurrection.
Camera lens only partially opened! Oops!
Oh yeah... and of course we had to make some Easter treats for our friends! Those turned out pretty cute too!
No comments:
Post a Comment