Monday, December 19, 2011

# Eight

Yesterday was our 8 year avinursery! (You read right... that's anniversary in the language of a 3 yr. old. Ava used to say it that way when she was younger & it just stuck around!)

8 years... WOW! The other day I was reflecting on our current station in life & really realized how HAPPY I am about where we are. Our 8 year marriage has brought us lots of fun times, some trials & hard times, a few moves, a little uncertainty (about other stuff, not about being married), 2 totally awesome & beautiful girls, a lot of wonderful friends, and a home & business of our own. We LOVE where our lives have brought us, the people that we've met along the way, and that we were able to do it all TOGETHER! There's nothing better than having all of these experiences with someone by your side to share the good times, laugh at the funny times and get you through the hard times. Marriage comes highly recommended by us!!!

We celebrated low-key style with our own anniversary photo shoot and some delicious pizza for dinner. The girls celebrated with their favorite babysitter for 4 whole hours & loved every minute of it! Our photo shoot started off not too bad, but quickly got darker & colder, leaving not enough time for all the pics we had planned. Here's how they turned out:





4 comments:

Tammy said...

Congratulations! Those photos are fun :) I really like the ones with the frame.

Deidra said...

Congrats you little love birds! I remember when you'd been married a long time (to the rest of us) at three years! :)

Lisa said...

Yay! What a fun idea to take pictures! I too remember when you guys were the only married couple. haha...but Daron and I just celebrated our 6 year! Yikes. How time flies. We miss you guys. Let's plan a get together in the next little bit!

Lisa said...

I meant to say OLD...instead of ONLY ;)