Friday, November 4, 2011

Pinned It - Did It!

I am a recent convert to Pinterest. I love making things, crafting, DIY & turning an idea into something that will work for me & my style. Pinterest is just the site for all of that & more! I have found some awesome things there, but I'm careful not to overload or pin just for the fun of it. My Pinterest philosophy... If it will get used it can get pinned! I haven't really made much of anything lately... until now! I have been rejuvenated & re-inspired to find time to do some of the things I love. So, without further adieu - my creations inspired & butt-kicked into gear by Pinterest!






















First, foremost & by far my favorite - the "Give Thanks" board with tutorial found here. This didn't take too long or cost too much & it will serve a nice purpose for many years to come.
My tweaks
- Foam board instead of wood
- Opted for ribbon on pull out cards instead of envelopes
- Used Mod Podge, but liked it better before I added it
- Made my own letters by printing on scrapbook paper
- Stamped #'s instead of stickers - much cheaper!

This sign is my own creation - not found on Pinterest (unless someone pins it there because it is so awesome!) I found the quote in one of my cooking mags & loved it so much that I had to turn it into a decoration for my kitchen! The whole different fonts, different colors thing is in now so I just went with that in mind & typed up my own. The frame is one I had - painted & sanded. Super easy & super quick too!













I stole this clothes pin idea from a friend that already has it hanging in her house. I thought it was such a cute & simple idea that I had to steal it. I hope she thinks it's flattering that I liked it so much, not that I'm just out to steal ideas! (Except isn't that what Pinterest is all about - stealing ideas?!) Ava comes home from school with @ least 3 or 4 papers everyday - sometimes more. I hate to just throw them all away right off the bat, but there is no way we are keeping them all forever so that is what happens! This way, we can at least display her work for a day or two until something else comes home to replace them. The clothes pins are just covered in scrapbook paper & hanging from twine.


And finally, this little gem... the "I'm Bored" jar found here. Ours isn't quite as cutesy as theirs, but it serves the same purpose & Ava chose how she wanted to make it. I didn't think it completely necessary to glue all the things-to-do ideas onto more scrapbook paper just so they could look cute when you fold them in the jar. We just opted for colored paper & a little fabric to fancy up the lid. P.S. Ava loves this - it comes highly recommended by a 5 year old!





2 comments:

Kim said...

What cute projects, Anna!! And I am flattered with the art wall -- yours turned out great!! I was thinking that we'll have to get together and do a craft every once in awhile --especially through the long winter months!!

Tammy said...

What fun projects! I'm inspired, now I just need time :)