Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween 2011

2 witches & little bumblebee! We were going to be 2 witches & a little black cat, but with all the party planning (see previous post) among other things going on, the simplicity of the bee suit hanging in the closet was much too overwhelming & I caved! Turns out Emma was a huge fan of the bee suit, actually keeping the hood on the whole time (which I wasn't completely sure she would do), and then not wanting to remove the bee suit once the evening was over!

I started the holiday out @ the Elementary School helping out during the fun Halloween rotations the teachers' had planned for the day. Another mom & I rotated with the class while they were able to participate in a costume parade & a bunch of other fun, in-the-holiday-spirit activities. It's actually quite entertaining to watch Kindergartners whack away @ a pinata, and at the end of the day we were still singing "Tumba ta tumba! Tumba tumba tumba!" (a song they learned in one of the classes) It has been a long time since I dressed up for Halloween; not because I don't like to, just because the mom in me can't seem to find the time or energy after everything else there is to do! This year I decided to be a witch due to the party I hosted, even though I planned to use the costume @ the party & ended up ditching the idea to keep it simple. I borrowed my witch costume from a friend, the wicked cool hat from Jacob's mom & VOILA!... I was a witch! And after $20 @ WalMart VOILA!... Ava was a witch too (with a little of our own tweaking for a much cooler witch hat!)

Here are some pics of our costumes & our trunk or treating adventure in the wind! Please note: tall hat + large cape + strong winds = slightly crazy trunk or treat experience!





 Thanks to my blowing cape I was able to add a little vignetting to these pics!

This was Emma after every stop! A glance into the bucket with no shortages of "wow's," followed by much oohing & aahing!

No comments: