And, while I will probably never be featured on any of those cutesy, crafty blogs & websites...the sense of satisfaction of creating something on my own is way better than any of that & it doesn't matter to me if the whole world sees it, or just a few. Plus, who really has the time to be a full-time crafter? :) Maybe when I retire from raising children!!!
I have a couple of fun projects in the works; they're just waiting for a time slot! Here are some pics of the completed ones. (No enlarging pictures to get a peek @ stitching!)
Pillowcase dresses - tutorial here
Land of Nod floor cushions - tutorial here (with a little tweaking)
Wall decor in Emma's room
The flowers on Emma's wall are simply cut out of fabric, soaked in liquid starch & slapped on the wall! They turn out like the cool vinyl wall decals, only they don't peel off paint & you can make pretty much whatever you want! While I would love to paint the walls a fun color, I would not love to change it later when my kids get a favorite color, or change their favorite color, or whenever I get a new decorating whim!!! Therefore, we go with white walls & fun embellishments instead.
5 comments:
I totally enlarged the photo... SO I COULD SEE THEM BETTER!! They're adorable. We're signing you up for Humanitarian sewing!! :)
Quilt club on Tuesday at 1, if you're interested!
i want to have a matching dress!
Emma looks older in your picture. I loved them. They were super cute.
Too cute, Anna! Those dresses are adorable! You did awesome. And I love the pillows. Still gonna try that wall thing in Ashley's room, just gotta find some time.
Good work!! Hey I've always known you are pretty crafty and creative...there is no hiding that!! I'm totally going to try that vinyl thing.
Post a Comment