Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Conference for Kids

Since we're not very good journal writers, our blog serves the purpose for us. So I wanted to document our experience with General Conference & Ava. The past few conferences have been difficult due to children making our ability to watch, listen & learn just about impossible. But, this year was different & I am so grateful for that because conference was good!

I hooked Ava up with some conference packets from one of my favorite sites - Sugardoodle. She was more than excited to work on them - even on Saturday! She would get so excited to watch for members of the First Presidency & 12 Apostles, asking if each speaker she saw was one in her packet. She was quiet, respectful & even heard a few things that she could repeat. And, while she may not have been completely attentive, we were ecstatic with the results! (She is still 5, although sometimes we forget that!) We were able to simply explain how the Prophet & Apostles work, since she calls them all Prophets! And, when we had to leave on Saturday before a session was over, she asked "Mom, aren't you going to turn on conference on the radio?" For that little inquiry I was very grateful. For all the things that we think we're doing wrong in parenting... that was a glimmer of hope that there is something we've done RIGHT! Whew!

No comments: