Thursday, July 15, 2010

Making Changes

I  LOVE taking something & making it something better; turning something old into something new & fresh (& if it can be combined with decorating... well, I LOVE it even more!) With our "new, old house" came many projects, some of which we're not sure how to get started on & others that will take lots more moolah than we have @ the moment! I got this idea from a BH&G magazine & couldn't resist making it work for my space.

I took something old & blue & made it something exciting & new! (Wow, I should write slogans!) I realize now that I didn't actually take a picture of the shelf when it was "old," but if you can imagine, it must have been painted baby blue @ one point and then repainted with only 1 coat of white paint.



















                                                                       A Close-up
                                                                                                As a background for decorations
                                                                                              (Don't mind the spaces... I'm still collecting
                                                                                                   to fill all the shelves!)
Oh yeah... a huge thanks to our friends for a house-warming gift of vinyl lettering (also 1 of the things I LOVE!) Here are the pics of what I got - it turned out AWESOME!

                             Emma's Room                                  

3 comments:

chartie said...

Very nice - it looks great!

Lisa said...

So cute!!! Can you come and re-decorate my house:) Please.

Des said...

Looks awesome Anna! You're soooo crafty!

one day a few years ago, Woody asked, "Why don't we have any of those words on OUR walls??"

because your mother is a slacker.