Saturday, March 28, 2009

Meet the Bunnies

Today we brought home our first family pets...

BUNNIES


Meet Rosy(white) & Ruby(brown) - the newest members of the Newman Family!

Our resident HandyDad built them a home to live in, and we decked it out in all the newest, hippest rabbit decor! This includes: an old cake pan from DI to serve as a litter box, a state-of-the-art stainless steel bunny feeding dish(which they tipped over in the first 30 seconds!), some wooden celery chew things, and nothing but the warmest wood wool (stuff Dad uses to make birds) for cozy and comfortable sleeping!


After all the hype & excitement of a coming bunny, and telling everyone about getting a bunny, Ava sure was surprisingly uninterested in actually picking one out when it came time! Too many other animals to see at the pet store! (No goffing... yes we got them at a pet store, because evidently Idaho isn't well known for rabbit breeding! This means I couldn't find any in the paper!)

Here's a few more pics of our new furry friends! They're pretty cute and cuddly, and mostly mellow. And so far there have been no attempts at finger chewing, but I'm still a little wary! (A rabbit chewed my finger when I was 4, if you haven't heard the story!)




1 comment:

Deidra said...

I love bunnies! How fun. I've had a few in my day, but never more sad than when our dog decided to "play" with my favorite bunny before church. I stood on the porch crying and screaming at the dog for killing my bunny. On that happy note...

Our little rabbit hutch had an opening about that big (the one on the right) and I'm always amazed to look at it now, since I used to be able climb in their hutch through that tiny hole.

Maybe I should have just written my own blog post about bunnies!