Monday, March 2, 2009

Facebook Frenzy!

I always thought Facebook and MySpace were the same thing, and I am completely opposed to MySpace... so I never checked out Facebook. Until Saturday! I was pleasantly surprised that the whole entire world was not privy to the info, and I found some friends that I hadn't talked to in a while. Needless to say... I was sucked in! I registered just to get a look at some of the people I knew and see what this was all about, and that was the extent of it because we were leaving for the weekend.

So, to my surprise when I checked my email today I had 60 new messages, and 30 of them were from Facebook saying that people had "added me as a friend" or "confirmed my friendship" or "written on my wall!" WHAT?!!! On one hand, I'm glad to know I have friends out there, and on the other... "AAAAHHHH!!!" I think I'm going to call this feeling "CyberStress!"

So, consider this my plea to all you avid and expert Facebookers out there that "claim" to be my friends! Here's your chance to prove it! HELP!

What is a wall? How do I make my page only available to friends that are listed and not to that network thing that I evidently joined? How do I make one of those picture things that is shown like all you guys have? I think I get the adding friend thing, but enlighten me just in case! How does it all work? And any other questions that I may have in the future!
(Answers may be too long to post... shoot me an email: amsred@hotmail.com)

1 comment:

Jessie said...

The wall is where your friends can leave you comments on your status, or just shoot you a quick note. YOu can also recieve "email" from people on the facebook page, which is where the inbox icon is. This is totally a private part, no1 else can read your email, but all of your friends can read what is written, or you write on your wall.

You can also limit that amount of email facebook sends to you notify you of something by going into settings: my account, and telling them what they can and cannot email you about.

If you go onto your profile page, then you should be able to click on edit my profile, and you can edit your info.

In the upper right hand corner of the basic profile picture you can click on a little icon that looks like a pencil that says change picture, and you can upload one of your own. You can also upload pictures to an album in the pictures tab.

To make your page private and only viewable to friends: go to settings (upper right corner of page) and then privacy settings, and it will let you edit from there what you will let people see and won't

Also, you can im people online on here, and look at other peoples pictures, pages, etc.

Hope this helps. If you need any more help, my email is: jessiemae84078@gmail.com