Friday, January 23, 2009

A Poem for Ashlee

We forgot your special birthday,
We know that it's true.
So here's a super-late birthday blog
We've written just for YOU!

We hope your birthday day
Was nice and fun and GREAT,
And since it was a school night
that you didn't stay out too late!

We'd make you a cake and send it,
But there's no telling how it would look.
We'd treat you to a makeover, Cover-Girl style,
But your face already "covers" this book.

A day off of school would probably be nice.
How's Saturday sound? We'll arrange that!
Actually, it's looking like you might have to settle
For a card and some chocolate... maybe a Kit Kat!

Don't worry we'll find something that's perfect for you
Right out of our birthday vault.
Oh... and please don't ever forget...
This was all your big brother's fault!

2 comments:

Anna said...

Whatever! (JAKE)

Ashlee said...

Hey that was a great Poem. I loved it. Well, I forgot to call on Ava's birthday so I will have to say that we are even.