On November 20th @ 1:48 AM we welcomed this sweet baby into our family. At 7lbs 11 oz & 19.5 inches she was our biggest baby with the most hair! She is a fabulous baby & is adored by her sisters, especially Emma that didn't want a baby to begin with!
Here is a quick version of getting her here since the full version turned out to be VERY long. Each pregnancy got progressively worse for me & this one was a doozy. Lots of swelling that left out no part of my body & caused lots of other problems like snoring & no feeling in my hands. Lots of praying & an awesome family were the only things that got me through. After waiting for what seemed like forever, my blood pressure went over the safe mark & my Dr. gave me the go ahead for an early delivery @ 37 weeks & 5 days. I left an appointment &called Grandma on the way home so she could be on her way to stay with the girls. Jacob took care of a few things, we ate some lunch (knowing they wouldn't let me have anything once I got there) & headed to the hospital to be induced. Pregnancy photos are against my better judgement, but the sheer size of me had to be documented.
We had high hopes that it wouldn't take too long since that was the pattern with the others, but this one was determined to be different all the way around. After awhile, Lyndie's heart rate would go up during contractions (that I couldn't feel because I always get the epidural!) Dr's & nurses spent a fair amount of time watching & waiting, but it never came down enough for them to be comfortable proceeding with normal labor. SO... sometime around 1 AM there was a consensus to do a c-section. They were quick in the prep & we were on our way in no time with Jacob in this awesome jump suit. Who can resist a picture of that?!
The c-section was not my 1st choice, but it turned out to be a blessing because baby was "sunnyside up" as they called it, which would have made labor hard on us both. Jacob was able to video the surgery so I could see what my insides looked like - kind of interesting! Lyndie was born at 1:48 with chubby cheeks hiding most of her face! She ate her first meal like a champ, but then was unable to regulate her own blood sugar meaning she had to be on IV's in the NICU to help her. She spent 2 days there before the sugar tests were coming up normal & then we were able to bring her to our room.
The swelling got worse before it got better due to IV fluids which they really tried to be stingy with. I was pretty much unable to bend my legs. We all went home on a Sunday & by Tuesday I was making a trip to the ER with trouble breathing. The fluid had gone to my lungs & I had to spend a night in the hospital so it could be drained off quickly. 5 liters of fluid was what they measured at the hospital before they sent me home for my body to naturally get rid of the rest. (A trip to the hospital was a whole other story. Let's just say that was about the hardest thing I've ever done)
And now... we are doing AWESOME! Lyndie is doing great & has been sleeping through the night for the past few days. I was very blessed to be feeling super good just 3 weeks after a c-section & returned to most of my normal activities before I was supposed to! It felt so good to be doing normal things after a long time of not being able to that I just couldn't resist! (There are still a few lingering affects from all of this, but that is another story too!) We are grateful to have Lyndie in our family & we just LOVE her so much!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
I had no idea you had another baby! She's beautiful! Congrats!
Post a Comment