Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Make Your Own Fun

This past Friday with no school I decided on a trip to Rexburg to take the girls to Fat Cats on the last day of their .99 attractions. I figured for several $$ each they could have some fun & get to go somewhere we normally wouldn't take them. When we got there the worker girl informed us that they ended that particular discount a couple weeks earlier (even though all the flyers we got in the mail said Sept. 6). I tried referencing the flyer & giving her the sad story that we had just driven 45 min. but it didn't work. That was pretty disappointing & seeing as how we were banking on .99 pizza slices for lunch we had to leave to find sustenance before we could continue our day. Had it not been for the deal already made w/ the kids to go there, I would have abandoned that place altogether. But I decided to spend a few extra dollars than I was planning & let them play mini golf & a few of the token games. (In her defense, the worker girl did give us a little discount on our golf games for our troubles... how nice!)

After golf, we got some tokens for the games, only to discover that a lot of them were too difficult for our age of kids & they each cost 2 (or more) tokens. Hummmph... disappointed again. We managed to get the tokens spent & headed over to the old carousel in the park for a ride. CLOSED for the season! BUT, the FREE spray park next to the carousel was running & I told the girls they could get their feet wet for a few minutes. Just feet... yeah right!!! In the process of Emma trying to cover a small fountain w/ her feet she let it slip & it was all over. I dared Ava to run through a fountain... she did; they splashed me, I splashed them; we took turns trying to spray each other! We just went the flow & made our own fun after our disappointing day! We had to ride home in wet clothes (the girls more wet than me), but we had smiles on our faces! :)








No comments: