Thursday, February 21, 2013

Ava's Room Redo

After 3 years of living in our house & countless unkept promises on when it was going to happen... we FINALLY repainted Ava's room! Lucky for me she wasn't too sad about those promises since she mostly liked the room. The painting was more for the needed update & the larger possibilities for decorating since all of her previous room decorations didn't match & I wouldn't be able to stand hanging things on a wall & staring at them mid-border every * single * day!

Here's the BEFORE shot taken when we bought our house. (Notice how little Ava is! I added a newer pic of her for dramatic effect! Crazy, right?!)




Ava @ the beginning of 1st grade








































In the MIDDLE, just after we'd painted the whole room white. (Except... don't look @ the closet. As long as it's behind closed doors, it may never get painted!)


















And (drum roll please), the AFTER pics! TA-DA! We love how it all turned out; I dare say WE ROCK! We saved a blank wall for some vinyl lettering, which we haven't done yet, but everything else looks awesome! I like a room that makes me smile instead of cringe when I look at it!!!