Monday, March 12, 2012

Unblogged Events

Here are some happenings in our family that have gone undocumented in cyber space in the past month!

We'll start off with some playing in the snow... 1 of only 2 snowfalls (they can't be classified as storms) that produced snow that was relatively fun for playing in! While constructing our snowman, we decided to make him into a snow chicken. Then Ava gave him some accessories which then turned him into Atilla the Hun (@ least I think so!)




















Next up is our first family ice skating trip. Ava was warned beforehand about all of the falling that would take place. Luckily, she kept her chin up & stayed motivated to keep trying, even after a nasty head-to-wall collision. Emma occasionally still mentions "ice skating fun!" Of course it was fun for her, she wasn't the one taking hunched over laps around the ice to help her skate! Jacob & I managed to stay vertical the whole time - a feat all in itself if you've ever been ice skating!


The weather this past week has been super nice (for March... in Idaho!) No ifs, ands or buts about it... we HAD to take advantage of the sunshine. Several days of playing outside & a trip to the church parking lot with bikes sure did the trick! Ava even got in some practice without her training wheels - she did a fabulous job!
















Every so often I venture into the world of sewing. These skirts for the girls turned out pretty cute & weren't terribly hard to make. BUT, they are terribly hard to walk in! And getting a 2 year old onto a chair... forget about it! At least they're cute I guess!

We haven't been very consistent with the whole chore chart idea. I made one a while ago that got some use, but was eventually filtered out. I'm assuming the same thing will happen to this one, but @ least it comes apart so I can use the magnet board for something else! So far it's been a big hit, but the hardest part is getting mom & dad to remember!


We've also crossed into the realm of patched pants! In my younger days, I would not have been caught dead in pants that had patches in the knees (or the butt, or anywhere else for that matter!) The thought of sending Ava out in public with patches made from those terrible, fake jean colored, iron-on patches was almost too much to bear. But it had to be done so we cute-sied them up a bit & she LOVES them... for now!!!

Ava lost one of her "two front teeth" about a week ago, & the other is not far behind. She likes to show off the new found tricks & things she can do with that new space!

And what would a post full of pictures be without some random funny ones that just make you smile! (Even though we know you already got some smiles seeing Jacob riding a little girl bike!) Emma is the subject of these laughs!


1 comment:

Deidra said...

I did laugh out loud when I saw Jake on that bike. Has he mastered it without training wheels? :)