Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Nibbles

At Christmastime, Grandma Newman (Jacob's Grandma) makes chocolates for us to savor & enjoy! Since we don't live close, we get ours in the mail & it is a happy day! After several years of receiving Grandma's delectable treats, I'm finally ready to confess something: I take a teeny-tiny "nibble" out of the bottom of each chocolate so that I can know what flavor of filling is inside! (Except for the square ones! Square always = caramel!)

Here's my defense: I love all the flavors, but I do have my favorites. By taking a little nibble, it allows me to see what flavor is inside, thus aiding in my chocolate eating decisions. How am I supposed to know what flavor I'm in the mood for if I don't know what flavor it is?! If I choose a chocolate & it wasn't the right one to satisfy my taste buds, then I end up choosing another & possibly even another. That would most likely end in vanishing chocolates & a belly ache! And, since we're selfish & stingy with Grandma's chocolates, I never have to worry that a visitor is going to be eating something that I've already nibbled!

And while they may not want to admit it, my "nibbling" is beneficial for the whole family! Now that my confession is out in the open... I think I'll go have a chocolate!

2 comments:

kim edvarchuk said...

That is hilarious and I would probably do the same thing!

The Nate and Sara Project said...

That is brilliant!! I always have the same issue. Agreed, it's completely beneficial to everyone. :)