Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Embarking

For reasons beyond our control (meaning: we can't control the character, temper, or words of others), Jacob is no longer employed @ the taxidermy shop. The job loss is bittersweet in that it's a good thing to no longer work there & have to deal with... things, but bad to be jobless. We're not completely down & out yet. It's only been 3 days & Jacob has already received some taxidermy work from people in the area. For that, we are super grateful.

Now what, you ask? Well, we're not sure. We're definitely embarking on a new journey in our life; we're just not sure what that journey is, or where it is headed! In our efforts of trying to be resilient & "hit the ground running," Jacob has been feverishly working on a website for his taxidermy business. You can check it out here: http://www.frontierwildlifestudio.weebly.com/ (Oh, & tell all your friends too!) Starting a new business just may be the direction we're heading in & we could sure use help spreading the word.

Also, we're trying to find a new name for the taxidermy business. Frontier Wildlife Studio was a nice name, but we're kicking it to the curb & replacing it with something else. Jacob wants "Taxidermy" to be in the name, so my vote is to call it "Freakin' Awesome Taxidermy!" It's different, catchy, rolls off the tongue & surely stands out above any other taxidermy business names you hear! But alas, Jacob says no (although I'm still pushing for it)! Therefore, we want to know what ideas you may have. We're interested to hear what others think & we may just use one of your ideas (if that's ok with you).

4 comments:

chartie said...

Sorry to hear about the job loss. Though hopefully it's a good thing.

You could even go by FAT if you were freakin' awesome taxidemry! :-)

How about Newman's Own Taxidermy. Then people might think it was sponsored by Paul Newman!

I'll keep thinking . . .

Casey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Des said...

I was going to call you today to see if things had changed. Dang. But yet, YEA!! Independance has its perks.

Names.....yikes. I stink at that. But I'll ponder.

I've praying and thinking a lot about you, two.

Casey said...

I have some suggestions for the names of the best new taxidermy shop in the world. Here are some names that I came up with:
Buck n' Bull Taxidermy
Camouflage Taxidermy
Taxidermy by Newman
A little place called Assspen Taxidermy
Those are just a few. I like the word taxidermy in the name because of advertising purposes. Good luck, we are praying for you guys.