Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Halloween Spooks

I guess you can't really call us spooks since we're not ScArY, but it might ShOcK some people to see the whole Newman family dressed up for Halloween! The girls loved picking out their costumes & finally made firm decisions after looking at about 10 different costumes & responding "Oh, I love this one... I want to be this for Halloween." Jacob only took a small amount of convincing, especially since he got to wear clothes he already has & loves! The furry beard w/ the mustache was pushing the line a little, but he was a SuPeR sport & wore his costume TwIcE & even posed for pictures!!! In case you need some help in identification... we are dressed as follows:

Emma - Doc McStuffins (A Disney TV Character)
Ava - Dorothy (From the Wizard of Oz, which she's never even seen!)
Jacob & Anna (Papa Phil & Miss Kay from Duck Dynasty - We saw a lot of Willies & Uncle Si's but we lucked out to not be dressed up like anyone else)



Dorothy showing off her shoes! (see below)


Doc McStuffins & her freckles!


After giving up hope of finding ruby red slippers, we borrowed some from a friend. The next day a trip to the DI proved to be worth it when I spotted these babies from afar! Their sparkle was a little worn out, but a bottle of glitter & some mod podge later, they became my crowning Halloween achievement this year! (Especially since I've traded costume making for sanity & decided to frugally purchase costumes from now on)

The "AFTER" ruby red slippers. It's a little hard to tell in the pics, but they turned out PeRfEcT!

And if we didn't have enough Halloween fun, the kids are already plotting their costumes for next year - which I'm fairly confident will change many times! We hope everyone had a happy & safe Halloween! (Halloween school parties post coming soon... stay tuned!)





No comments: