Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Jailbird

Several months ago I received my very first jury service notice. It informed me of 2 dates between which I could be summoned for jury duty. Well... a jury summons did come in the mail. The problem: I received that summons in the mail today & opened it around lunch time. The bigger problem: My summons dates were for today & tomorrow with reporting time @ 9 am. And as luck would have it, the trial was actually scheduled to go through this time! Looks like they'll be coming with the cuffs to cart me away to jail!!! The excuse for not reporting to jury duty:  The mail. Due to forwarding delays that occur when moving, I didn't receive my notice soon enough!

So, what now? Evidently I will be getting another notice to appear before the judge to explain my absence! Let's hope he buys my reason... and that it happens to be the judge from the ward we just moved from! Oh, how it pays to know people!

If this does not all pan out... who can I count on to send me postcards in jail?!

2 comments:

Deidra said...

I'll send you mail in jail. I've been getting enough of my own jury duty summons to have sympathy for your plight. I'm marking my next one on the calendar right now so I don't forget!

kim edvarchuk said...

I've never been summoned for jury duty but have always wanted to. I'll come visit you in jail!